What is Skrill?
Originally known as Moneybookers, Skrill is an electronic payment system that was founded way back in 2001. The company is owned by Paysafe Group who are the masterminds behind Paysafecard and Neteller alike. The company has offices in the UK, USA, Austria and Sweden and is so widely available that it can be used in a massive 200 countries across 40 different currencies! Now that’s what we call a wide global reach.
Skrill gained wide popularity among online gamers and is one of the leaders when it comes to online casinos, betting and online poker. Now the e-wallet has evolved and can also be used to make fast, secure payments to conduct much of your online shopping with. With 36 million users and growing, Skrill provides an easy and straightforward way to make payments and deposits online and particularly useful for bridging global borders. Another amazing feature of Skrill is that you can use the service to withdraw cash from ATMs across the globe.
Benefits of using Skrill
- Supports in-app payments
- Can be integrated with third-party shopping carts – merchants can integrate a wide range of shopping carts together
- Mass payments – if you need to send money to many people at once, it’s easy with Skrill’s mass payment feature
- One-tap feature – allows users to approve purchases automatically a bit like Paypal’s ‘OneTouch’ feature
- Easy and safe – this is paramount when it comes to handling real-money transfers online. Skrill uses anti-fraud screening features with each and every transaction that you make – they are all very closely monitored
- Convenient – all you need is an email address and a password and you’re good to go
- Fast payment and ability to bet by Skrill
- Can be used to cross borders – available in over 200 countries with over 36 million users worldwide
- Anonymity– the anonymous nature of the deposits makes it an appealing payment method for online gamers
How to Deposit With Skrill
Making a deposit with Skrill couldn’t be easier, if you can turn on a computer then you should have no problems making a deposit. It’s instant, easy and most importantly; secure. The only slight catch is that cashouts usually take a day to complete.
- First, register a Skrill account – simply fill in all of your information and enter a password of your choosing
- Make sure your Skrill account is running on empty – you can directly deposit money into your new account via a variety of methods
- On your casino site of choice, open the banking section or the casino cashier
- Choose the “Skrill” payment option
- Enter the amount you’d like to deposit and deposit away
- Just make sure that you check the T&Cs for any hidden fees along with the withdrawal time process
Bottom Line on Skrill
Skrill provides a fast and convenient solution for transferring money but the withdrawal fees are definitely one to look into. The great thing about Skrill is that almost every online casino supports the payment method, with more and more online shops catching on too.