How to Play:
Playing on this 5-reel, 20-payway slot game is easy but there are lots of settings, so make sure you’ve gone through each one before you start spinning:
- Start by selecting your wager amount with the minus and plus signs under the coin on the left side of the screen. You can select between €0.01 and €1.
- To the right of the wager setting is Lines display – select between 1 and 20 winning payways to be applied to your spins.
- Move one more display to the right to the Coins section, and choose between 1 and 10 for the value of your wager.
- Finally, you’re set to spin! You’ll see your actual wager amount in the Bet display and can watch for winning combinations with these symbols:
- Hellboy Logo Wild
- Right Hand of Doom Scatter Symbol
- Liz Sherman
- Abe Sapien
- Johann Krauss
- Professor Broom
Important symbols in Hellboy Slot:
- Hellboy Logo Wild: substitutes all symbols except for Scatter
- Right Hand of Doom Scatter: land 3 or more to trigger The Underworld Bonus
- High value symbols: Hellboy, Liz Sherman and Abe Sapien
There’s no jackpot on this 96.5% RTP high variance slot, but there are fun features that make up for that… just keep reading and you’ll see!
Special Features and Bonuses:
Who doesn’t like bonuses? Hellboy slot provides us with not only symbol triggered bonuses but a randomly triggered feature as well… we’re fans of that!
- Underworld Bonus Feature: land 3 or more Right Hand of Doom Scatter Symbols to trigger this feature. You’ll travel to the Underworld and attempt to get through 4 levels where you’ll retrieve team members and prizes at each level. Make it through all 4 to win big.
- Supermode Feature: this randomly triggered feature awards 10 Free Spins, just like that! During Free Spins, 3 wild positions are randomly distributed and kept in place for the rest of the feature, for increased winning chances. Unfortunately, this fun feature cannot be re-triggered.
- Gamble Feature: after a winning spin, click the Gamble button on the bottom left of the screen and you can opt to gamble your wins with a card deal (you can choose to bet on colour or suit).
Graphics and Sounds:
This branded video slot is detailed like an old-school comic strip, giving it a classic, nostalgia-inducing look that we loved. The characters are straight out of the comics and the rest of the grid is cleanly designed as to not take away from the stars of the game.
Spin away to the haunting chanting music of the movie, which picks up when you hit a win. In the Free Spins supermode, everything is faster and brighter… the screen goes into a black-and-white mode, reminiscent of adventure scenes in our favourite classic comics and you might get an appearance from Hellboy himself.
This adventure-packed game from Microgaming is great for comic fans, movie fans or just gaming fans in general. It’s classically designed but provides gamers with fun features that keeps gameplay interesting. The one snag in the game – at least, for us – was the lack of an Auto Play button, we just wanted to keep spinning and spinning.