How to Play:
This game actually features two 5-reel games playing side by side: Rise and Dawn. Both games have 20 payways and are spun simultaneously, but their symbols stay separate – so you’re actually getting 40 payways for the price of 20! Playing is simple:
- Set your coin value between 0.01p and £1.00.
- Click the double-arrow play symbol in the center of the game board to start spinning!
Watch for winning combinations of these symbols in both play areas:
- Gold/Red Wild Symbol
- Caesar with Movie Title Scatter Symbol
- Caesar and Koba
- Caroline Aranha (Freida Pinto) / Malcolm (Jason Clarke)
- Charles Rodman (John Lithgow) / Dreyfus (Gary Oldman)
- Dodge Landon (Tom Felton) / Ellie (Keri Russell)
Important symbols in Planet of the Apes Slots:
- Gold or Red Wild Symbol: substitutes all symbols except Scatter and Bonus
- Caesar with Movie Title Scatter symbol: when 3 or more show up make a win
- High value symbols: Caesar and Koba, Caroline Aranha (Freida Pinto) / Malcolm (Jason Clarke)
With an RTP of 96.33% this medium volatility video slot offers plenty of chances to win through it’s fun features and double-reel display. Although there isn’t a jackpot linked to the game, there are enough opportunities for big winning with features like Dawn Free Spins, which multiplies your bet 3000x – who doesn’t like that?
Special Features and Bonuses:
As a well-made game from NetEnt we had high expectations from this ape-tastic game… and we weren’t disappointed.
- Dual Feature: randomly triggered before each spin. Once set in motion, a symbol (except for Wild or Scatter) is chosen for each play area and as the reels spin, whenever those symbols are landed they add up on their corresponding sides (more opportunities to hit more payways).
- Rise Bonus Feature: The Rise bonus symbol must land on the first reel to trigger. Additional coin win for every human/ape symbol on screen.
- Dawn Bonus Feature: The Dawn bonus symbol must land on the ast reel to trigger; changes all human/ape symbols into same symbol for big wins.
- Stacked Wild Feature: triggered on Rise Play area when one reel is fully covered with Wilds, creating duplicate onto corresponding Dawn reel.
- Free Spins: triggered when 3 or more Scatter symbols appear in an area
- In Rise: this awards 10 free spins, with each spin the wilds are collected until the last spin in which they’ll all be randomly placed in the game.
- In Dawn: this awards 15 free spins and uses a meter to measure how many of 3 collect symbols (Multiplier, Extra Wild and Extra Free Spins) you’ve landed – once the metre is full, the feature is activated.
Graphics and Sounds:
Simply put: the graphics are great. The character symbols come straight from the movie, providing life-like details. When you hit a winning combo, the symbols pulse with the movie-theme music, which dramatically drums in the background throughout play. If you’re lucky enough to trigger the Dual Feature, you’ll be hit with a flurry of apes running rampant across your screen, meaning… you’re in for a big win!
Despite the seemingly low number of payways, we loved this slot. It’s got character, charm and is chockablock full of crazy monkeys and funky features: worth a spin or 10 in our books!